Worth Growing: Batchelor's Buttons

Monday, August 11, 2014

The crystal clear blue of these bachelor's buttons is lovely and unmatched by anything else I have in the flower field.

Not only do these make nice cut flowers, they are a lady bug magnet.  If you are looking to attract beneficial bugs to your garden, I would recommend these as one of your options.

These lovely flowers are easy to grow and will self sow.  Planting a few short rows every few weeks in the spring will give you a nice supply of cuts through out the summer.

Going out into the field and seeing all the ladybugs, bees, and other pollinators on the various flowers is so fascinating to me.  And once again I am reading an insect field guide cover to cover just like I did when I was 12.    

Add a small patch of bachelor's buttons to your garden plan next year and I think you will find them just as rewarding as I do.

No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP