Grow Write Guild: Endings and Transitions

Friday, October 11, 2013

Sunrise or sunset?  It all depends on your perspective.
We have yet to suffer a killing frost this fall.  Some of the basil is a bit brown on the edges but the tomatoes are still growing away.  While the death of all the garden annuals is a bit depressing, I am excited for new things next year.  Sometimes the frost is a bit of relief when I just can't imagine what I will do with anymore tomato sauce and I have enough jalapeno peppers to feed a stadium. 

I am very grateful for the long growing season that gives me the ability to grow so much good food, but I enjoy the break of winter as well.  I have been thinking about how taking a break is healthy for almost any aspect of life.  There is something to be said about the renewed perspective and energy it can bring.  It is easy to fall into a routine and take things for granted so I am thankful for the winter transition which enables me to get re-energized and excited for gardening in the spring.

 This post is written in response to the writing prompt found here by You Grow Girl as part of the Grow Write Guild.

No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP