Friday, July 19, 2013

Grow Write Guild: The Essence of Summer



When I think about what plant embodies summer to me, I think of Sungold tomatoes.  Just going on looks alone, the bright orange spheres remind you of the setting summer sun.  But taste is where this little beauties really shine.


They have a bold and bright sweet tomato flavor that can't be beat.  Even if these aren't your favorite tomato, you have to agree that the taste of a vine ripened tomato belongs to summer alone. Another thing these tomatoes have in their favor is their early ripening.  They are always first of all the tomato varieties I grow and as soon as they start to turn orange I know summer is finally here.


This post is written in response to the writing prompt found here by You Grow Girl as part of the Grow Write Guild.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see photos of your tomato crop after seeing your plan in an earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is just a piece of the whole layout in the last photo, I need to figure out how to capture the whole thing.

      Delete